Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A day on the hill...

So, as I mentioned yesterday, mel, tara and nancy came up today to go skiing! Barbie was excited for me to get a chance to meet up with mel, but sad that she wouldn't see me this day.

I did have to work, but convinced cathy (my boss) that I needed the afternoon off. By 1pm I was at the hill and ready to ski!

We started with some simple runs, rodney's ridge is a fav. Of mine. Generally good snow, but steep! Then off to E.R. 7, it stands for eagle ridge... Not emergency room! It took some convincing and encouraging words to get mel to go down the hill, but she did it with style and grace! Then off to kiddies korner. Another fav!

When we reached this hill I discovered that the snow was tracked out really bad, and I got stuck on a ridge. I promptly fell off said ridge (about a 10ft drop) bounced off the snow a few times, rolled and stood back up on my ski's. All this infront of mel and a ski school that followed us in to kiddies korner. I wasn't hurt but my pride took a beating!

A few more runs and a trip through the terrain park finished the day off.

Mel and I had some chances to talk, but not nearly enough, so she'll be back on the weekend to ski and possibly meet Barbie.

7 comments:

  1. good question???? who's writing this now??? David, you're the only one with the password, right??? or does Steve have it now too!!!! poooooor Michael.......
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's all David and Steph's doing...just trying to make fun of poor Michael!
    Martin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, It's not us! We write with capital letters... especially for proper names!

    ReplyDelete
  4. uh-huh, sure, sure, we know it was you David and Steph.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, it's not us at all!!! We haven't had time this week! We've been gone everyday from 7:00 am till 9:30 pm. We don't have the brainpower left this week to keep this up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know!I know! Only 'cause someone told Dad on his blackberry!

    ReplyDelete