Sunday, April 5, 2009

Road Trip part#1

Yes, for you naysayers, it has been I who have posted all of the last two blogs! All previous were not I, and I will miss they days when I could log on and find out that I have a new gf named barbie, or that I swam through an avalanche (which actually is what you are supposed to do! Lucky guess David!) But yes, it is I who have written the last stories...

Now, on to my latest adventures!

David mentioned that he has 8 months of winter, well, I am currently at month 8, and stil expect another month or two before I can think of wearing shorts or until june before I can swim in the lake... Thankfully hockey is still going and keeping me semi-sane!

We are in the playoffs and the semi-finals, it is a best of 3 series, and Thursday we played game 2, Monday was game 1,

Game 1 we managed to have a 2-1 lead when the ref's called the game! Seems that one of their players was drinking alcoholic beverages on the bench! What a fool! But he learned his lesson as his team automatically forfeited the game.

Game 2: we managed to lose 2-1. Needless to say, this team doesn't like losing! We ended the regular season with a 17-3 record! Along with the loss, the team started attacking each-other for the little mistakes and as the captain, I became frutrated... Very frustrated! So, I needed to get away!

Barbie, Bikini Barbie, (that is the name she chose!) and I were all feeling like we needed to get away, and we always talk about road trips... So thursday night we decided it was time!

The former director of operations from the chateau, whom I played hockey and softball with last year has become the GM of the delta grand okanagan resort... So, an e-mail was sent, arrangements made, and we were on our way...

Mandatory stop in golden was needed... Guess why? Yes. Tim Hortons! And then on to salmon arm, and another Tim Hortons! And then down to kelowna! And, cruising down all roads I took on the bike tour, although in the wrong direction! So I got lost!

But it wasn't long before we made it to the hotel, downtown kelowna, on the waterfront! Check facebook to see the pics!

We checked in and found out we were in one of the best rooms in the hotel! It's in the royal residence pavillion! We walked in the room... As the name implies: 2.5 bedrooms, 2 bath, balcony, fireplace, laundry, kitchen! A full apt! And on the roof, swimming pool, hot tub, fitness centre and... BBQ's!

A walk around the waterfront park was a must, and then off to the grocey store. Apparently these girls have heard of my bbq prowress. So... Steaks it was!

It is now morning and I'm back in the hot tub on the roof, but it's time to go make breakfast and get on the road to get back to Lake Louise. Game 3 is tonight and we need to win!

1 comment:

  1. Did you remember to check out Gort's Gouda Cheese in Salmon Arm?

    ReplyDelete