Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Road Trip part #1b

I left off the last post as I was heading down from the roof-top hot tub to make breakfast.

I don't like to brag, but I made a pretty darn good breaky! Pancakes, bacon, eggs, fruit toppings, smoothies, whipping cream! The only thing missing was some of that good home made maple syrup that everyone has been making lately!

I must say, I really wish I was home to enjoy that fresh maple syrup!

But, we enjoyed breakfast on the balcony as I talked to dad about a new boat, and was heckled by mom about being in a hotel room with two girls and we didn't go to church on Sunday! To witch I tried to sneak out by saying I didn't know where the church was, but it took David a few seconds to find the local CRC and make sure I knew where to go!

After breakfast we checked out and went for another walk up the boardwalk, but in the opposite direction to the night before. We were able to see some sailboat races! And I had to mention that I'm the only person in the family who hasn't tipped the sailboat yet... To which you would say that I'm not trying hard enough... Either way, it's still safer with me!

Well, then it was time to hit the road and a few more timmies stops got us to Revelstoke. Bikini Barbie was getting annoyed at all the Tim's stops, so I was just getting out to check on the coolant levels. Louise had been running a little warmer than usual and I wanted to make sure she could get up rogers pass alright...but after a fluid check and both Barbie and Bikini Barbie going into Tim's, I followed in and

I locked the keys in the car.

It seems noone has metal hangers either.

A short walk into town ensued and we found some locals enjoying the sun who gave us one of their personal coat hangers.

Thankfully I have a bit of experience with this and shrtly after getting back to the car we had the door open and we were back on the road.

That coolant check...

Seems I checked the wrong thing. Louise was missing a beat once in a while during long climbs or heavy acceleration and not far past Revelstoke the "service engine soon" light came on... Oh bother!

But, she limped home and I made it in time for hockey.

We lost 4-0, hockey is now done for the season.

2 comments:

  1. I said you weren't trying hard enough to get to church....not in your "entertaining"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you should be the driver on these road trips. I seem to recall that, once upon a time, we went skiing in Quebec and we took the Cadillac. I remember something about YOU getting out of the car at a gas station in Ottawa to remove your snowpants. After unlocking the trunk of the cadillac, you placed the keys in the snowpants, took the snowpants off, placed the snowpants in the trunk, and shut the trunk lid. You are still a genius at this sort of activity, I guess.
    - Funny story though. And sorry about your hockey loss! Now you can start anticipating spring like the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete