Saturday, July 4, 2009

camping trips :)

I've been begging to get out camping all year. I've gone out and made a few purchases to get me ready, and this weekend I finally got to put it to use.

Melissa called me up... Or should I say texted me asking if I wanted to camp on the shores of Abraham Lake, to which I hurriedly responded via text saying I was absolutely in.

We discussed possible locations, and I knew of a few un-serviced sites on the shore of the North Saskatchewan River where we could pitch a tent and have a fire. I figured that's all we needed for one night; I could servive with-out a toilet for that long but Mel could not and would not consider it... So alternate arrangements had to be made.

Mel searched high and low for an open campsite. One with all the necessities she demanded and finally found one. It was convienient and easy to get to, had a lake, the site was beside a babling brook, facilities were near-by and we could have a fire on the beach! I case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm speaking of the backyard at the farm!

I'm here now, keeping you all updated that we are attepting to camp in the yard. We managed to use the truck to carry all the equipment to our site... About 100m from the house! And we got all set up for a fire by the pond... Which I must got start.

But I must say that it rained - so we retreated to the house to make cookies! Just as good as smores right?

Anyway, hopefully the next camping trip will take me to a real campsite - but this is as good as any!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm. Sounds like our back yard, but we have a lake rather than a babbling brook....
    Say hi to everyone for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fresh baked cookies at a campsite! Sounds great.

    ReplyDelete